- We at College Media Labs Pvt. Ltd. are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Restrictions on use of our Site
- Registration by a user who does not meet the age restriction but has either lied about this fact, otherwise misled us about it or concealed it from us shall be void, and we shall have no liability whatsoever towards such user.
- When you visit college media, you provide us with two types of information: personal information that you knowingly choose to disclose and site-use information that is collected by us as you interact with our website.
- In other words, we may collect and process the following types of data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes data (such as College name, Batch or other contact information) provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We, or our partners, may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for verification purposes, billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- You confirm and agree that all information that you provide to College Media shall be truthful, accurate, and complete.
- You may not use the Services or our communication tools to transmit, directly or indirectly, any unsolicited bulk communications (including e-mails and instant messages). You may not harvest information about our users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending, of unsolicited bulk communications. You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content or transmission through the Services. You may not allow others to use your account to violate the terms of this section. We may terminate your account immediately and take other legal actions if you or anyone using your account violates these provisions. We may take any technical remedies to prevent unsolicited bulk communications from entering, utilizing, or remaining with in our computer or communications networks.
Integration with Facebook
- Data fetched from a user's Facebook account will be used to create a profile on collegemedia.in.
Content You Post to Public Areas
- Certain areas of the Services may allow you to submit or post material, such as text, images, audio and video ("Content") that can be accessed and viewed by others, including the Internet and mobile audience in general. You may not submit Content on or through the Services that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships. You may not submit Content that violates these Terms of Service. We do not claim ownership of any Content that you may post. However, by submitting Content to on the Services, you grant us, our parent, affiliates, and distributors a royalty free, perpetual right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content worldwide in any medium.
- If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend or potential community member about our Site, we will ask you for information needed to send the invitation, such as your friend's email address. We will automatically send your friend an email or instant message inviting him or her to visit the Site. College Media stores this information to send this invitation, to register a friend connection if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
IP addresses and cookies
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage. For example, our servers may automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include but are not limited to information such as your web request, browser language, referring, landing / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages. This is usually done by using one or more cookie files that are stored on the hard drive of your computer, which uniquely identify you. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver an improved and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To confirm that you are logged in.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your use of our Site.
- To recognize you when you return to our Site.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To tailor our service offering to the particular demographics of our user base.
Storage of your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our servers, where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access all or certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We require you not to share passwords with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to College Media and you do so at your own risk.
- Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and commercially reasonable security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. College Media may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs.
- We do not provide contact information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is reasonably necessary to offer the service, legally required or, permitted by you.
Changing or removing your information
- Access and control over most personal information on College Media Labs Pvt. Ltd. is readily available through the profile editing tools. College Media users may modify or delete any of their profile information at any time by logging into their account. Information will be updated practically immediately.
- Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting comments, messages, photos, videos, or other items, this information may become publicly available and/or be collected, seen and used by others. We cannot be and are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of such information, which is voluntarily disclosed by you.
- College Media may send you service-related announcements or alerts from time to time through the general operation of the service. For instance, you may be informed about a specific news item being posted, an event in the community, a private message through college media’s messaging service or a change to the service. Generally, you may opt out of such emails by changing the settings in your “Account Settings” section, although College Media reserves the right to send you notices about your account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
Links to other websites and services
Third Party Advertising
Use of your information
- We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To operate, maintain and provide features and functionality, and to notify you of enhancements to our Site.
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- To monitor metrics such as the total number of visitors, pages viewed and other statistical data.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by [SMS or Email].
Governing law and Jurisdiction
- We may cancel or suspend your access to the Services or usage and related comments, text SMS at any time, without cause and/or without notice. We may terminate and/or suspend your account immediately, without notice, if there has been a violation of these Terms of Service and such other policies and terms posted on the Services, if your account has been deactivated for inactivity (see the "Inactive Status" section above), or if you have failed to pay your subscription fees if you have subscribed for a particular fee-based service. Your right to use the Services will end once your Services are cancelled or terminated, and any data you have stored on such a Service may be unavailable later. If you have subscribed to any fee-based service, you remain responsible for paying any amounts owed on your account at the time your fee-based service and/or account is terminated or cancelled. If you are participating in any free promotional offer for accessing a fee-based service, you must cancel such service before the end of the free trial period to avoid incurring charges. Certain fee-based services may require cancellation charges, and you will pay all cancellation charges specified to you at the time you begin using the services.
Your sole responsibility
- The views, opinions and comments posted are your, and are not endorsed by this website. You shall be solely responsible for the comment posted here. The website reserves the right to delete, reject, or otherwise remove any views, opinions and comments posted or part thereof. You shall ensure that the comment is not inflammatory, abusive, derogatory, defamatory &/or obscene, or contain pornographic matter and/or does not constitute hate mail, or violate privacy of any person (s) or breach confidentiality or otherwise is illegal, immoral or contrary to public policy. Nor should it contain anything infringing copyright &/or intellectual property rights of any person(s).